Action log for cached reports does not log users access

Pablo Lerner

Hello. I have set up the Action Log to see which reports our users are accessing. It works fine in general but it is not logging when a user opens a cached report.

I mean, there are reports that are scheduled to update it's data cache every day at dawn. When they finish I open any of them and see all updated data but the Action Log does not show that I have accesed the report. Now, if I get into any other report that is not scheduled my actions do get logged fine. So I can see the log for any other report that I have accessed but not for the ones that are updated with the scheduler. This is not just for my user but for all users.

For the action log we have configured to log all categories, so missing one of them is for sure not the problem.

Is it possible to get the users access to scheduled reports being logged as any other report How can I achieve that

Regards,

Pablo Lerner

Hi Pablo,

Sorry, I do not have the answer. Hopefuly some one will answer.

But can you please let me know what fields and filters to use from Action log inorder to see the username , datetimeand the analysis files retrieved from Spotfire analyst / Spotfire webplayer

Thank you,

John