Identifying source file paths

Viktor Stepanov

Hello,

I'm new to Spotfire and I'm trying to locate the file paths that serve as source data for our reports in Spotfire 7.5.0.

I can't locate any such info in the web interface, stand-alone product nor any of the log files or guide.

Could someone here please kindly let me know how to achieve this

Many thanks,

VS

----

Indeed, as stated below by @Frederik the issue was access. Once admin was granted I could see the file path as suggested below.

Thank you for your help

Hello VS (and welcome to Spotfire!)

If you are using version 7.5, I will start by pointing out that you have a very old version (it's even out of support) so I would strongly recommend upgrading so you can benefit from the many great improvements that has been made since then.If you are interested in learning more about what has changed since 7.5, you can read about that in the what's new page here: https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/whats-new-tibco-spotfire

To answer your question, using version 7.5, you might find what you are looking for here:

1. Open your report in Spotfire Analyst (I assume that is what you were referring to as the stand-alone product)

2. Select Edit menu > Data Table properties

3. Select the data table of interest

4. Look atthe Source Information, which among other things should tell you where the data is coming from.

See documentation here: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/7.5.1/doc/html/WebHelp/index.htm

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hello Frederik,thank you very much for your response.

Indeed, the version is very old, this is part of preparations for an upgrade.The path you describe is exactly something I would expect, however I cannot see such option. The only option I see is "Data relations" that is empty. Would you possibly know whether this is access dependable, or any other way how to detect the data sourceThank you for your help,Viktor

Hello Viktor,

Yes, it sounds likely that your user account hasn't been assigned the "TIBCO Spotfire Analyst" license (or the needed sub-sets of it) - if you e.g. only have themore limited "TIBCO Spotfire Enterprise Player" license you would not have access to this functionality.

A Spotfire administrator at your company should be able to give you access. An admin canuse TIBCO Spotfire Analyst, Tools menu > Administrator Manager, to assign the license to a group you are member of (or make you member of such a group). Note: you will then need to restart your Spotfire Analyst for the new functionality to become available to you.

Best Regards

Fredrik