How to get rid of a mirror negative and convert it to number

Ale P.

Hello,

I am creating a report to show trendy balances. My source data includesmirror negatives, therefore Spotfire is not reading this values as numbers.

I cannot edit the data source before connecting it to Spotfire,as this includes live data that I would like to automatically load to my report, which ill schedule to refresh automatically afterwards.

Does anybody know how to get rid of the mirror negatives I have tried to change the type from string to real, currency, basically all the options without success.

In excel I use this formula to change the minus sign from the righ to the left:=IF(RIGHT(G6,1)="-",LEFT(G6,LEN(G6)-1)*-1,G6), but i havent managed to make it work in Spotfire, im not even sure if they both use the same formula logic.

Would really appreciate your support!

Thank you!

Please try the following:

Real(If(Right([yourCol],1)='-',Concatenate('-',Left([yourCol],-1)),[yourCol]))Replace Real with Integer if needed.

The multiplication with -1 will not work. Because at that point it is still a string. Therefore you should get your minus with the concetenate function. At the end transform to a number.