Property control that lists all available Data tables

Adi Lavy

Hi,

I am new to TERR and API in Spotfire.

I am trying to make a List Property Control within a Text Area that display all available data tables and will let the users select the datatable they are interested in for further analysis.

The output of this selection will be used in a TERR script down the road.

I can create a List Property Control, but how do I get it to list all available data tables

I read in other posts that I might have to use the API to get the list of data tables. If that is the case, could someone please help me understand the syntax of the API call and how it should be written in TERR

The overall plan is to have a TERR script that will parse data out of the main data table. The name of the data table could vary, and at any given time there might be more than one data table in active session.

Therefore I would like to create a list (could be drop-down list, but does not really matter) that will be populated with the names of every data table that is currently available. The user will then select one data table that he wants the data function to work on.

So the question is, how do I create a list of all available data tables for the user to choose one

It is not possible to dynamically change the data table your TERR data function works on. So you can create an Iron Python script using the API to put the table name into a document property, but you cannot use that document property as input to the data function.

Probably the best way forward would be for you to contact TIBCO Support on support.tibco.com with your specific requirements so they can guide you.