limiting data by mark - cross table - piechart

Ravi Rai 3

I have two visualizations on is a cross table ane another is a pie chart.

The cross table has system, sub system and amount of records by a range of days. the pie chart is pizza of systems and amount of records.

I am trying to have a mark to limit the cross table, but it is not working.

both has marking and limiting data checked and they are from the same table.

How to fix it

You probably want to create more markings. By default it's just one. But you can create as many as you like.

Then use this new marking in your pie chart and limit your data in the cross table by this new marking (or by a combination of markings)

Or make a right click on your pie chart and use the 'create details visualization' and use 'cross table'. This should do the same job for you.

I did have created two marks, besides the default. I created the marone and marktwo, i have 4 visualzations on my page, the markone to mark the first two, that they have dieferent source. That is working good. And another, the mark two that should link two visualizations that have the same source and don't work. It select, but do not filter as the markone.

Using a details visualizations had the same functionality that a decribed above.

I did have created two marks, besides the default.  I created the marone and marktwo, i have 4 visualzations on my page, the markone to mark the first two, that they have dieferent source. That is working good. And another, the mark two that should link two visualizations that have the same source and don't work. It select, but do not filter as the markone.

Using a details visualizations had the same functionality that a decribed above.

It seems that you want to limit the data with the marking of the visualization itself...

Try to limit the data by the marking that is used in your source table.

So lets say your source table uses 'MARKING'. Then you can create a visualization that uses your source table with data limiting by 'MARKING'. This visualization can have its own marking, 'MARKING2'. So you can build another visualization that uses the source data with data limitng by 'MARKING' and 'MARKING2'.

Just use any table and build (with a right click) multiple details visualization (more sub-tables...) from this table to understand this concept.

Does this answer help you 

(Without knowing your data it's hard to understand what the additional filter is doing)