Getting empty value when joing two tables

gurusai sankar

Hi All,

i am traying to create a reasource time tracking report. i have clibboard data, resource data from Active directory (Spotfire library) . I want to see only Hazeem and SYAM resource related information in the report.

Clibboard data :

Level 2 Year

Hazeem 2019

Hazeem 2020

SYAM 2019

SYAM 2020

resource data (Active directory) is also having Level 2 column which will have Hazeem and SYAM resources, But the problem is when i am joing this clibboard data with resource data (Active directory from Spotfire Library) based on Level 2 column which is common in both data sets and giving left outer join , i am getting only data for Hazeem and getting blank data for SYAM. Both joining columns are string and column format and structure is same. we are unable to know the reason.

But when i exported Hazeem and SYAM related data from resource data from active directory (spotfire library) into excel and trying to joining with the clibbord data however we did above- here is getting all the data however we are expecting (Hazzem and SYAM)

we are unable to idenetify the issue.

can some one sugest any solution for this

Regards,

Guru.

Hi David,

when i exported Hazeem and SYAM related data from resource data from active directory (spotfire library)  into excel and trying to joining with the clibbord data however we did above- here is getting all the data however we are expecting (Hazzem and SYAM), but when i am directly connecting resoource data from Activive sirectory (Spotfire library) and joing with cilpboard data , we are getting only data for Hazeem and getting empty data for SYAM

Hi Guru,

It must be a 'data' issue. Is there a differences between the two datasources when it comes to case-sensitive of the values

I have done some testing in Spotfire, and when the Clipboard says 'Hazeem' and the AD Resource says 'hazeem', Spotfire will not pick it up as a match.

But it's hard to say without any visual view.  

kind regards,

David

I checked cases two. its fine. My concern is if we filter and extract that Hazeem and SYAM data (from AD) and trying to joing with the clibboard, All data is coming as we expected but when i am trying to dierctly connecting to AD and pulling data and combining with clibboard data - its not showing the data for SYAM. we did not understand why its happing. 

checked cases two. its fine. My concern is if we filter and extract that Hazeem and SYAM data (from AD) and trying to joing with the clibboard, All data is coming as we expected but when i am trying to dierctly connecting to AD and pulling data and combining with clibboard data - its not showing the data for SYAM. we did not understand why its happing.