How to rename values in [Axis.Default.Names] for Color by

Grazia Palmisano

Hi all,

i need to rename the values of[Axis.Default.Names] (n.2 distinct value) because the name of my (Column Names) change in base of a Document propery.

For example with a drop down list i choose a year (2020, 2019, 2018,...) so my column name is the value selected and the previous year.

So if i choose 2020 my column names are 2020, 2019

if i choose 2019my column names are 2019, 2018

If i set color by (Column names) color change every time i selected a new year, instead, i want 2 fixed color (one for the first yaer and the second for the previous year).

How can i do it

Thank you

Sorry but I can't attach my dxp. I set value property as : ${MeasureCY} AS [${VersionCY}], 

${MeasurePY} AS [${VersionPY}]where:VersionCY= current year selected VersionPY=VersionCY-1(In this way in the legend i show the exact years compared and not another alias)So, my (column names) change every time i select a different year, so I can't set the color by because it will change when user will choose another year.    

Hi Grazia,

It is a bit hard to see what you are trying to do without a visual. I have tried to set up a dxp in which I use a dropdown list on year, resulting in one document property. This property is used in two measures; Current year and Previous year. If I plot these two calculated columns in a bar chart and color code them, the colors will always be the same whenever I change the selected year from the drop down.

Please have a look at the attached dxp and see if it fits your dashboard (or purpose).

Kind regards,

David

Hi Grazia,

I see the issue. It's coming from the fact that the years are considered as different values. Where in my example, the values are always Previous Year and Current Year, you have (at least) three values. These three values are color coded in the same color, but when selected one year and then another, you will see the changing of colors.

You can choose for the Current Year/Previous Year option and add the selected years in the title of the bar chart. But you can also use an iron python script to color code the individual values. Note that this one always keeps swithcing colors as well, but you can choose only two colors to colorcode all your year values.

In the attached example, you will find both solutions.

Kind regards,

David