Statistica 13 repeatedly freezes (not responding)

Just upgraded to version 13, and finding it is freezing.

Version 13 periodically freezes (does not respond) for several minutes at a time. Its duty cycle is about 50%: about half the time it works and the other half it is frozen.

The file save process only takes a few seconds by comparison. So I presume it is not a file-save process.

The analyses themselves run fine.

No error messages reported.

Statistica 12 ran fine on exactly the same computer and network, so nothing has changed on the hardware. I have never had this problem with earlier versions of statistica either.

Version 13 always recovers ... eventually. However this is very frustrating and unproductive. Has anyone had a similar experience or can recommend solutions

thank you

The above applied to a network license running on a WIN 7 desktop PC.

I have now had a chance to try the stand-alone license running on a WIN8 laptop, and the problem is still there, though this time it worked for longer before freezing for longer. This machine previously ran version 12 without any problems.

Is any-one else having stability problems with statistica version 13

Statistica may show "not responding" if it is performing an analysis that is complicated or there is a large amount of data being analyzed.The "not responding" message is really just a Windows message indicating the application is in the process of performing its job. So what analysis are you performing and with how much data

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...