Spotfire Automation Services - Updating Bookmark

Previn Chetty 3

Hi All,

I have a python script which updates two existing bookmarks to use the latest available date ("EffectiveDate").

I have attached the Python script.

The script works perfectly as expected when i open the file manually through the Analyst Client.

I have created an Automation Job and passed through the current datetime from the configuration block to the document propety to kick off the python script.

This, however, throws an error. The error details are below.

I have tried to add a delay in the script, I have tried to use "Apply Bookmark" then open the file. Error persists.

Please assist / advise

Thanks in advance!

ERROR:

Starting job Untitled on server XXXXXXXXXXXXX

FAILED: Task 1 'Open Analysis from Library' failed with: Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Library.LibraryException: Import failed ---> Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Exceptions.ImportException: Failed to prompt. ---> Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Scripting.ScriptExecutionException: Could not execute script 'updateBookMarks'. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The bookmark manager is not available. The analysis may have been closed.

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalyticItems.BookmarkManager.get_Cache()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalyticItems.BookmarkManager.GetBookmarksOrComments(Boolean getBookmarks, Boolean synchronizeIfNeeded)

at _stub_$32##32(Closure , CallSite , CodeContext , Object )

at Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.MatchCaller.Call2[T0,T1,TRet](Func`4 target, CallSite site, Object[] args)

at Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.CallSite`1.UpdateAndExecute(Object[] args)

at Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.UpdateDelegates.Update2[T,T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)

Automation Job XML:

Open Analysis from Library

/XXXXX/ZZZZZZ/AnalysisFile

NewestEffDate="{date} {time}";