OVER function in Calculated Expression

Marcio Souza

Hi There!

I'm learning about the use of OVER Function, and I can't figure out how to use it on Calculated Expression. I got a database that contains all soccer match from Europe during the last years, and I'm trying to count how many matches each league has each year.

I have created a calculated column using OVER, as shown below:

Count([match_api_id]) OVER ([season_id],[league_id])The above aggregation returns the matches total for each league given the season as I would expect from OVER Function. I'm struggling to understand why the same aggregation would not work when I try to use it on the below code inside a Calculated Value:

FIRST(

CASE WHEN [name] "${markedLiga}" THEN COUNT([match_api_id]) OVER (All([country_id]))

ELSE COUNT([match_api_id]) OVER ([season_id],[league_id])

END

)I know that I can use the calculated column to show the number of matches for each season using First(). Still, my intention is to learn how to use Calculated Expressions in a dynamic item such as Calculated Value in the text area. I'm getting an error message stating that the Expression is not valid.

Regards,

Marcio

I have reviewed the attached analysis file and you can use the below expression in it

==========================

FIRST( CASE WHEN [name] <> "${markedLiga}" THEN COUNT([match_api_id]) OVER (All([country_id])) ELSE COUNT([match_api_id]) OVER Intersect([season_id],[league_id]) END )

============================