Drill down from calculated column

HITESH SAHOO

Hi Everyone,

I have fewcalculated column in textarea, is it possbile Calculated column value can drill down to another visualization bar/pie

If user clicks the value of calculated column, then Bar chartshould show the same value/markings. Is it possible, please let me know if it can be achieved with any ironPython.

Thanks

Hello,

Can you please attach a screenshot to give us a better idea of what you are trying to implement

In the meantime, you could try displaying the value of the calculated column within a KPI chart (https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/latest/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/index.htm#t=kpi_chart%2Fkpi_chart_how_to_use_the_kpi_chart.htm&rhsearch=kpi%20chart&rhhlterm=kpi%20chart&rhsyns=%20). In this case, you could select the value within the KPI chart and populating a drill down visualization using markings.

Thanks for helping. 

Attching Screenshot

A is calculated column value and below is Bar plot. 

So, is there any way I can enable marking for A(calculated column). If user clicks on A, then A value in below Bar chart will be marked. 

Is it possible

untitled_46.png

I have done this before with a calculated value in a text area.

Create 2 document properties:

Add an action script to each of the calculated columns in the text area.

in the Ironpython set document props to set the filters you want to see. An example would b e

Matrix: This will store the Sum([sales Amount]) or whatever the calculation is showing

Filter:: this is storing the Datea Limitations on the Calculated field. ie If you have a data limitation of [shipped] = 'T'

You will then put that Filter Document property under the limit data on the Bar Chart, and you would set the other axis to the matrix.

To set the document properties under the action create a script like below:

Document.Properties["SRDashboardMetric"] = Metric

Document.Properties["SRDashboardFilterStatus"] = FilterStatus

Document.Properties["DashboardSelection"] = Selection

I have an attachment of the ironpython with the parameters.