Transform data to SBDF without loading the data into Spotfire

Xavier Hess

Hello,

I have a Spotfire report which has several data tables (Information Links, log files), which I would use to ease the troubleshooting of errors seen in the Spotfire Server server.log file.

I copy via a PowerShell script the files modified during the last N hours, merging the files into single ones (server.log, sql.log and so on).

These log files take some time to load when they are used in their original format. Using the .sbdf format is reducing a lot the data loading time.

I would like to convert the .log files into .sbdf without having to launch the Spotfire Analyst GUI.

I was usint this from the TERR console, but all the rows were into a single column, unlike when loading the .log file as data table from Spotfire Analyst GUI. Following code was used:

output

One approach would be as stated below.

Create a file using the merge of (server.log, sql.log, and so on) and save it in the library. While opening those files, mention the UNC path and not the local path. Save this file in a library.

Schedule an Automation JOB with the two tasks as:

1. Open Analysis from library ( and use the above-created file in it)

2. Export Data to file (select the table and export it in SBDF format).

For the first task, ensure that you have configured the AllowedFilePath or AllowAllFile path in the service configuration that the Automation Service is using. Refer to this:

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Automation-task-Open-Analysis-from-Library-fails-with-error-Failed-to-open-data-source---System-UnauthorizedAccessException-Cannot-access-file

For the second task, provide the UNC path and make sure that the account running the Node Manager service has access to the path.

You can then use the exported SBDF file(s) in your main file and you can schedule this automation job with intervals of your choice.

• 1 month later...