The problem I'm having is my cumulative percentage line is not correctly summing over subsequent X categories that have the same value (see attached file.

Nick Zubillaga

I created a dynamicPareto chart.The problem I'm having is my cumulative percentage line is not correctly summing over subsequent X categories that have the same value (see attached file.)

Count([Order]) THEN Sum([Value]) OVER (AllNext([Axis.X])) / Sum([Value]) OVER (All([Axis.X])) AS [Cumulative Percentage]

Any thoughts or suggestions

Thank you for the response. However, that option is not available (greyed out) in the properties box.

I find it odd that my cumulative line calculates properly for all x-axis categories except for 6-7-8 which are each count=2 and 9-10-11 which are each count=1. The cumulative line calculates correctly only for the first occurrence of redundant values, i.e. at category 6 and 9.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a solution, although not ideal in my opinion (neither is the whole pareto chart implementation in spotfire, but thats a seperate issue). I created 2 columns, P1 and P2 (both just used for the Pareto chart). For my data set, I was doing a count of rows. If this is for a sum of values, you would likely need to modify this process slightly (may not work)

P1 is a random value, the exact value doesn't really matter but it should be somewhat large. For my example, I used RandBetween(1000000,2000000,8)

P2 is the value I count over, and is basically a real very close to 1, but not 1 such that I know longer have repeated category values, so (1 + (([P2] - 1) / [P2])) / 2. This number is very close to 1, and random.

I then set my x category by this, and no longer have any ties (since the values are fractionally different). This solution is not ideal because you get a long string of numbers along the bottom (the current solution has this now but are integers)

pareto_before_0.png

pareto_after.png

• 3 years later...

I've found an actual "solution" to this problem (or at least found what is causing it, cannot reproduce the faulty behavior very well). The trick lies in the hierarchy on the x-axis. For some reason the hierarchy is missing when I followed the instructions from the youtube movie TIBCO Spotfire - Combination Chart Configured as a Pareto Chart | TIBCO

Software. See first picture:

Hierarchymissing.thumb.PNG.9a81e236f741e2b53e019cdee49d8354.PNGWhen I tried all steps in different order another time, somehow it grouped categories on the x-axis with the same value as an hierarchy; and thereafter the cumulative percentage line was displaying correctly :) Don't know exactly what is causing it, but at least it works now...

Hierarchypresent.thumb.JPG.266680b4797ab00f74f0582db1e4d549.JPG