How to use different filters for different axis in the same visualization

Meng-Yin Lin

Hi, this may be a naive question but I am relatively new o Spotfire and will really appreciate any help.

I have a table with several columns of String to help me sort my data and only one column of data (real),

The goal is to generate scatter plot and trying to see if there is any correlation between my data. My plan is to use different filters in x- and y-axis to select different pieces of data and generate scatter plot from it. However, because all my data are in the same column, the filter applies to both x-and y-axis.

Is there anyway to have two filters in single visualization with one controlling x-axis and another one controlling y-axis Or is there any suggestion on how to properly perform correlation analsis with Spotfire

Thanks everyone!

I am not sure about the application of your use case. Even if you have different filters, how the point P(X,Y) will get plotted when you have its X but not Y

In Spotfire, a visualization is associated with a filtering scheme(s) and we cannot have a separate filtering scheme for each axis.

It is possible to limit a visualization by more than one filtering scheme. In this case, the intersection of the filterings will be used. This means that the visualization will show only the data that is made visible by all of the filtering schemes.

Please refer to this for more information:

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/10.3.3/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire...