Percentage on line Chart

Rajesh khan

Hi Guys,

I am trying to calculate the percentage of "PASS"on a line chart from the RESULT column in the attached spead sheet. When i use a 100% barchart and count it gives me the correct percentage, but when i switch to a line chart the Y-axisdoes not keep it within a 100% range. Any help on what expresson to use to keep the trens in a line-chart within the 100% range

Thanks, Your help is appreciated

Hi Shashank,

I simply need a line-chart that will show the percentage that Pass and percentage that failed (two lines). I need to see it as a percentage within 100% with a line-chart. TheX-axis will be the date. What custom expression and formatting will achieve this

Your category axis is DATE, so I modified your dataset to have two date values 19th and 20th march instead of just one date value for clarity. Also, you had 50% PASS values and 50% FAIL values, so the lines were overlapping. So I modified the [RESULT] values as well for proper visibility.

Created a Calculated column ([Entries]) which will track how many entries received on that DATE.

Created a bar chart with category axis as DATE, and added result [RESULT] column in both Line by and Color by sections.

Enabled labels for all the line identifiers.

Changed the Formatting of the Y-axis to percentage.

Following is the custom expression in Y-axis

count() / Avg([Entries])And here is how the end result looks.

You can refer to the attached analysis file.

Thanks shashank, unfortunaletly i was not able to open the dxp due to version difference. I am basically trying to calulacted the percentage of "PASS" results for trending over time as a percentage in a line chart. How did you calculate the Entries column