I have started to get the following error when a data on demand table tries to load.

christopher sawtelle 2

I have started to get the following error when a data on demand table tries to load. I have one table loading from an infolink then two others should load based on values in a column in the first table. Any thoughts - suggestions

Failed to execute data query at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Import.InformationLinkDataSourceConnection.ExecuteQueryCore2() at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataSourceConnection.ExecuteQuery2() at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.OnDemand.InformationLinkFunctionExecutor.SetOutputResult(DataSource dataSource, DataFunctionInvocation invocation, Boolean isEmpty) at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.OnDemand.InformationLinkFunctionExecutor.d__0.MoveNext() at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.DataFunctionExecutorService.d__6.MoveNext()

• 2 months later...
I have seen this error in the past where Spotfire environment was setup in a load balancer configuration setup. The issue was we would get this error abruptly, I was using table refresh script with some document properties and on demand data table. The on demand query would fail 3 out of 5 times when it got routed to the load balanced server which had onfiguration issue.After the configuration was fixed this error went away.

i also faced the same issue , recently , i was loading an info link , and with it two table were loaded on demand , same scenario as yours , so for the two tables that were loading on demand i included parameters in their infolink , and in data table properties, for the tables that were loaded on demand , the input for the parameter is defined on the basis of the value in column of the first table.

UPDATE. It appears the two on-demand infolinks were timing out. It never occurred to me to set the number of connections in the data source to more than 1. Setting the MAX to 2 solved this issue since there are two infolinks using the same data source that are trying to run at the same time.

I am going to test this more tomorrow morning when my network traffic is low.

If anyone has comments on best use cases for the MAX number of connections etc. please feel free to pass them on.

• 4 years later...

I got the same error with a first table A loaded on demand non automatically, then 2other B and C linked to this one and automatic. It makes the same error messagebecasue C is liked to B. So when I charge A, just after it tries to load at the same time B and C. C fails because it couldn't see B (as it is currently loading).

The option which solves this was to create a buton to load A, then B, then C. A and C at least created with non automatic load. i really think the loading doesn't takes order in account when load automatically. (at least for the Spotfire version 7.11 I use)