Toolbar Edit button is missing

Chad Williams 2

I've taken over support for an existing Spotfire environment which was configured by the prior admin. I'm trying to enable the Toolbar "Edit" and "Close" buttons which are currently missing when viewing via the web players.

I've checked the common suspects:

Ensured "Allow authoring in web clients" is checked on the reports

Ensured license for "TIBCO Spotfire Business Author" is enabled

I'm not sure where to look next.I understand there are some other ways to enable/hide these toolbar buttons through an API or possibly other means I haven't yet read about, but I'm not sure where to look to see if something like that has been setup. Would this be done via a config file on the Spotfire server or the web players or something else entirely

Thanks for your response.  I exported and looked through the current config but it appears the showClose="true" item is on already.  I'm not sure what would enable/disable the 'edit' button in here but I don't see anything mentioning 'edit' or 'author'.

Am I looking for the wrong paremeters or is there perhaps yet another place I might find where they disabled 'edit' and 'close'

For turning off close button, you can check in Preferences as well for Everyone group if any of the setting is false. Launch Spotfire Analyst > Tools > Administration Manager > Preferences > Select Everyone group or Admin group (wherever issue is faced) > Webplayer > User Interface

capture_143.png

Edit button is only turned on/off through Business Authore license. If you have Consumer, Enterprise Player and Business Author license enabled then EDIT button would show in analysis. Unless, if this is a issue in particular analysis, where you can check if any javascript is applied to hide these buttons in text area.

Thanks Khushboo for your suggestions,I realized although I had looked at the license settings previously to ensure Business Author was enabled, I had NOT checked the Preference tab.  I was able to force the groups in question to have the Edit and Close buttons in the Web Player > User Interface menu in your screenshot.

Interestingly, while this technically solves my issue, I checked our other environment to see if these preference settings are what's enabling that environment to have these buttons or not: The user interface settings are left as their defaults (blank) in the other environment despite that env. already having the Edit and Close buttons enabled.  So while I now can get them to match, I'm still not sure where the settings were originally manipulated or how to check the default 'preferences'.  Any other tips for that