Can I have a combination chart that has a stacked bar mapped to the left Y axis, and a line chart mapped to the right Y axis

Manoj Chaurasia

Can I have a combination chart that has a stacked bar mapped to theleft Yaxis, and a line chart mapped to theright Yaxis

It gives me the following error: "Multiple scales by color cannot be used in combination with stacked bars".

I thought of making two overlaying charts, with one of them being the stacked bar, and the other being the line chart but with a transparent background. If this could be a solution, could I have overlaying charts at all

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

This is (kind of) possible, but can get cumbersome if there are too many results that you want to series by. If you have a small number of distinct results in the column you want to series by (to get the stacked columns), you can create a custom expression for each result. Something like Sum(If([column1]=result,[column2],0)) specifically gathers results just like a series by does, but it exists in its own expression. Duplicate that for each result available in your column, and then you have an expression for each individual result. Display all of those as bars, and add in whatever expression you want displayed as a line. Series by your column names, and the stacked bar and multiple scales options are available. This approach is inefficient if the number results you want to series by is large, because an individual expression must be made for each result. This also isn't possible if the results you want to series by are unknown.