Is there a way to remove a transformation from a data table after you have inserted it

ken gray 3

• 6 months later...

Unfortunately there isn't. You will need to recreate the data table again.

There is an enhancement request to make the Data Table properties > 'Source Information' tab an editable 'script' so that you could modify that, but that is a very big change and so might not be implemented. I think it would be good to open a ticket with Support to put your name behind this request though.

Alternatively, if you know what expression you used and are certain that the expression was applied to each row(so every row was affected in some way, or you know what caused the row not to be affected if it wasn't), then you should be able to create an inverse expression to apply to that column. For example if you have a column of numeric data and you know it was all multiplied by 2, then you could divide everything by 2, etc. But if your expression doesn't behave as a one-to-one function would(i.e.- the ONLY way that the same values are repeated is if the cells shared the same value beforehand), then an inverse doesn't exist.

• 3 years later...

The answer is Yes.

(As long as you have not marked the data table as Embedded.)

In the data canvas, click on the node that has the transformations on it, and in the lower left-hand part, select the specific transformation group. You can then edit it (if you only want to remove an individual part in a transformation group) or remove the transformation group completely.

One of the first hits on google I found when searching for "spotfire data canvas remove transformation" was Removing operations in the data canvas (http://docs.spotfire.cloud.tibco.com/spotfire/GUID-E3B3183B-9F2F-426F-BA0C-3D88BA1B2A4F.html), which may be a good introduction to editing transformations from the data canvas.

• 9 months later...
Hi, I have a follow-up question on this: I have a dashboard with a list of data transformations taking place, including some additions of calculated columns preceded by 3 data type changes. Surprisingly, when I follow the procedure you described, I can indeed delete the addition of each calculated column, but not for the data type change (changed from real to integer). The line is displayed, but the possibility to delete it is not offered: is there a way to undo such a data type change