sorting in category axis in bar graph

Roni Bhakat

Hi,

I need some help. I am trying to apply sort order in Category axis in bar graph but I think It is not possible there. let say I have data from 2017 jun till 2019 Dec. i am putting year month in X axis and try to sort by all month together like Jun(2017, 2018, 2019), Jul(2017, 2018, 2019) . but I cannot. I concatenated year and month then alphabetical sort is applied automatically. The data is not static so I cannot apply custom sort order on concatenated field. I have shared a sample file with dummy data. I have attached a sample file.

• 1 month later...

Is there any specific reason you are not using on your X-axis Because using that gives you what you are trying to achieve. Attaching a screenshot of the same. If you are looking to first show June as it is first month in 2017 followed by all months, then you can use following expression in X-axis:

Rank Months based on year count within each of them. That way all months with year = 3 will appear first. Then pull X-Axis toward bottom in order to hide Rank. If you want to show column selectors as shown in screenshot but do not want to show name Rank then remove it from display name i.e. use "as []"