OAuth 2.0 authentication on WebSocket Client

Mike Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Looking into this a bit, I don't see a way to make a Deribit public/auth request using our current WebSocket Client Adapters. The WebSocket Client Write Adapter wants a sessionID from a WebSocket Client Read Adapter. But the read adapter won't provide a sessionID until it reads something and outputs a data tuple. And the way the Deribit WebSocket Server works, it won't give the read adapter something to read until after we write the public/auth request data. So it is stuck, each side waiting for the other. Or at least that's how it appears to me.

I've got a query into the adapter engineering team to see if I'm understanding the issue correctly and whether there's a way to make this scenario work. I'll post here when I get more information.

-Steve B.

I've confirmed with our adapter engineering team that the current released WebSocket Client Read and Write adapter pair do not support cases where a client has to write before it can read -- exactly for the reason I speculated about above -- the sessionID required to write is only emitted by the Read Adapter upon the first read.

I've entered an engineering Enhancement Request issue to this effect, and hopefully this enhancement will be made in subsequent release of TIBCO Streaming.

Note that the releases that are current as of the time of this writing are TIBCO Streaming 10.4.5 and 10.5.0, so that any enhancement would be in releases after these.To clarify from the Question, this issue has nothing to do with whether the format of the contents of request or the response data is JSON or whether OAuth2-related interactions are involved -- it's a matter of the read before write workflow the adapters currently expect and support, not the contents of the data itself or the purpose of the interaction.Hopefully I will remember to update this Answer post if and when the requested enhancement is released, but in case I don't the TIBCO JIRA Issue is SB-48304 and can be referred to in inquiries to TIBCO regarding this matter.