Spotfire Analyst formula for Dynamic Items' values

Deborah Thibodeaux

I am trying to use a text area containing the result of querying a column in a data table.

I have created several on demand tables keying to the results of the input box that queries for the result. Each on demand table builds on the answers to give the one item and any items tied to it in a drop down box. This will urther give resultsfor that dropdown and the ceding boxes.

The point for me is the calculated value boxes generated by the above give me results that can be found in matching to similar secondary items after the initial is defined.

So:

Item 1 gives the first ID to match in the table.

Item 2 the finds the date column and identifies the date associated withID.

item 3 takes the date and sets 1 yr back.

item 4 dropdowns a list of all causes defined by the item 1 ID. Choose one and the rest populate

item 5 gives the related product ID.

item 6 gives the Failure type.

I need a formula to take items 2,3,4 and 6 and compare the table for all matches (with 2 and 3 bracketing dates acceptable) then populate a table of results. I cannot seem to identfy anything but the result found in the text area.

Any ideas

You cannot retrieve calculated value values in another calculated value. You can use javascript to extract this calculated value and put it in document property. Using those values from document properties, you can calculate your new calculated value.

https://spotfired.blogspot.com/2015/01/extract-calculatedvalue-to.html

If you need to have any other approach, please provide sample dxp to explore other angles