On Tibco Spotfire, how do i sort the values of a filter asc/desc

Sivaraman Mailappan

• 1 year later...
Typically dates are continuous and follow defined sequence and could be indefinite. That's probably why spofire does not let you custom -order it. However, if you convert the date column to a String format, you should be able to custom-sort it. JJ, I am not sure why you could not "custom sort" the string field. I was able to transform the data type of a date to String, and then re-arrange them.

I have this same requirement. The listbox filter needs to display the current week at the top. I can't convert to string and custom order, because as new dates come in, they should be displayed at top. Seems weird to not have a Sort Desc option on date columns.

As @[user:28381|Gerald Emesih] said, I used this work around a few months ago. Since I was using the data in a cross table (you could also build a hierarchy filter), I created a Year, Quarter, Month, and Day column (one column each) of DataType String. Then you apply a custom sort order to each column. It takes a few minutes, but you only have to do it once. You should only have to edit / update this every year to add the new "year", unless you are using a temp table filled with populated future dates.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...