How to execute a custom writer in Spotfire Analyst

Georgi Koemdzhiev

I am investigating how my team can extend the Spotfire Framework specifically by developing C# AddIns. I was checking out example projects included in the Developer SDK, specifically the "SpotfireDeveloper.CustomDataWriterExample". So what I did is I created a new "TIBCO Spotfire Extention_VS" using Visual Studio and copied all of the classes from the example project. I ran my project (i.e. TIBCO Spotfire Extention_VS1), it loads my Extention fine but I have no idea how to trigger that custom data writer now using the UI (I am new to Spotfire Analyst). Can someone point me to the right direction, please

Should I be looking at the File -> Export menu

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your answer. However, I can't see the "ADO.NET DataSet" opti[[{"fid":"174696","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""},"type":"media","field_deltas":{"1":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""}},"attributes":{"class":"file-default media-element","data-delta":"1"}}]]on 

In the above image select Data to File and select one of the option then in the windows dialog which asks for the location to save, in that dialog you can see the option in the Save as type like below

[[{"fid":"174701","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""},"type":"media","field_deltas":{"1":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""}},"attributes":{"class":"file-default media-element","data-delta":"1"}}]]

Thank you for clarifying where this option is. I perfonally think that using simply "example" project is not enough. There should be some instructions that go along the way. 

Anyway, I still don't see that custom option in the list:

[[{"fid":"174711","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""},"type":"media","field_deltas":{"1":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""}},"attributes":{"class":"file-default media-element","data-delta":"1"}}]]