Map to input rows offers no columns to be used for mapping

Mark Herrmann

Hi there,

I'm struggling to return columns from a data function and map them to the input rows. The input of my data function can be limited by marking so I added a RowId() column. If I specify the output parameter to use the output handler "columns" I was expecting that I can select that RowId() column under "Map to input rows" according to this document. However, the only thing offered in the pull down menu is "[None]". What's the trick to allow selecting a column to be used for mapping

Thanks,

Mark

The attached worked for me. The item I selected in Map to Input Rows (datain) is the name under which the input data table is known to the script.

The resulting mycolumn is filled with 1for the filtered rows, and left empty for the other rows. The column mycolumn is created by the data function, not pre-existing.

Gaia

Thanks, Gaia! I should say that my data function is not a TERR function but actually a Statistica workflow. In this case the "Edit Script" button is not available hence I cannot configure an output to be of type column or table. I can only click "Edit Parameters" and select the output handler "column" while the output type remains "table" (see attached screen shots). This might be causing the issue

This what how it looks like with a TERR function where the output type and output handler both is column:

TERR data function

This is how a Statistica function looks like where the output type cannot be edited and is table while the output handler must obviously be column:

Statistica data function

However, after closing and re-opening it, the data table suddenly was available for selection under "Map to input rows" as you can see from the screen shot above and it seems to work now :-) So maybe this will work w/o closing & re-opening once the Statistica integration becomes more mature.