Replace Spotfire data table using property control and Iron python script without dialog box

Luke George 2

I'm looking for a way to replace the data table in spotfire using a property control and Iron python script.

I found some other scripts to do this, but they bring up a dialog box to select the replacement data table. I would like to do this without a dialog box selection.

I would like the property control to be a drop down list of fixed values where the fixed values match table names in a folder. Upon selecting any filename in the drop down list, the corresponding table automatically replaces the existing data table.

You can use below sample script as a reference and make changes to the document property , data table name and specify the folder path

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

#read the file name from drop down

fileName=Document.Properties["fileName"]

#If need to specify any settings for the file

readerSettings = TextDataReaderSettings()

#create a datasource

dSource = TextFileDataSource(r"c:\filepath\"+fileName,readerSettings)

#replace datatable

Document.Data.Tables["myTableName"].ReplaceData(dSource)

Hi Shandilya,Thankyou for your help. I have implemented the code:

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

#read the file name from drop down

fileName=Document.Properties["Property1"]

#If need to specify any settings for the file

readerSettings = TextDataReaderSettings()

#create a datasource

dSource = TextFileDataSource(r"D:\FolderDATA\"+fileName,readerSettings)

#replace datatable

Document.Data.Tables["Analysis"].ReplaceData(dSource)But I get an error:NameError: name 'TextDataReaderSettings' is not definedI assume this is because I have nothing in TextDataReaderSettings(), but I have no specific settings for the files I'm loading. They are all csv files that are identically formatted. How should I adjust the scriptThankyou

Hi Shandilya,

Thank you for your help again.

I added "from Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Import import TextFileDataSource, TextDataReaderSettings" and I no longer get the error, however it now says "Exception: File not found: D:\FolderDATA\File1" even though File1 is in the folder. I changed the file name to fileName=Document.Properties["DrillholeSelection"]+".txt" and the code seems to work now. The only problem is the entire document gets loaded as a single column even though the spreadsheet has over 50 columns... And idea how to fix this

Thank you