Why are R scripts that worked with Spotfire 7.8/TERR 4.3 not working with Spotfire 10.4/TERR 5.0

Richard Gaushell

Two of my scripts won't work with Spotfire X and I can't figure out why not. They work on 10.4 Desktop Analyst, but not in Web Player. The version of TERR is the same, 5.0.0.66.

The error is:

TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R returned an error (3)

The data function 'pdpForecastVintage' could not be executed.

Error in do.call(what = , args = , quote = , envir = ) : unused argument(s)

Any ideas welcome.

It's starting to look like the TERR 5.0 is passing an additional argument to the "do.call" in my code, which then hits my functions, which do not have "..." at the end, and it fails saying that my functions are not using all the arguments.

Although it is not entirely clear whether the do.call that is failing is *in* my code, or on the calling of the overall pdpForecastVintage function.

Is it expected that all functions in TERR 5 have ... to handle unexpected arguments

Hi,

It could very well be that the engines are not the same version. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, when just migrated from Spotfire 7.11 to Spotfire 10.3.

You have to check the TERR version on both your laptop and the server. I found out that the server version was 4.5 whereas the local version was 5.0.

If that's the case, you need to updaete your server TERR engine: https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-44221

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal