Checkbox control for which vertical lines, populated from columns of a data table, are displayed in a scatter plot

Spencer Alexander

Hi all,

I am using TIBCO Spotfire Analyst 10.0.0 HF-004, build version 10.0.0.98.

I have a dashboard containing a scatter plot, with dates on the x-axis. Several sets of vertical lines are populated from a data table via Properties -> Add -> Vertical Line -> Line from Data table, then choosing the data table (the data table is called events), and column (each column corresponds to a different type of event.). E.g., there is a column in the events data table called "Birthdays" containing dates that show as blue vertical lines in the scatter plot, another column of events called "Anniversaries" containing dates that show as green lines in the scatter plot, etc.

I would like to add a text area containing check boxes corresponding to "Birthdays", "Anniversaries", etc., so that the blue lines appear in the scatter plot only when "Birthdays" is checked, the green lines appear in the scatter plot only when "Anniversaries" is checked, etc.

How can I do this

Thanks for any help!

Hi all,

I found a solution.

1. Create a list box multiple select with document property name "eventsToShow", containing values "Anniversaries", "Birthdays", etc.

2. Create calculated columns [AnniversariesShow], [birthdaysShow], ..., calculated using expressions like:

If(Find("Anniversaries","${eventsToShow}")>0, [Anniversaries])

So, e.g., [AnniversariesShow] is empty if the Anniversaries is not selected in the list box multiple select, but is identical to [Anniversaries] if Anniversaries is selected in the list box multiple select.

(Note: If there are naming conflicts in a different example, they can be circumvented by changing the Expressions in the list box multiple select, while keeping the display values.)

3. Link the vertical lines in the scatter plot to [AnniversariesShow], [birthdaysShow], etc., rather than to [Anniversaries], [birthdays], etc.