How to Navigate to another page when click on Cross Table.

saminda roshan

Dr. Spotfire, I want to navigate to the desired page when I clickon any cell in Cross table.

I made a Iron Python script but It doesn't work for me. I uploaded my .dxp file.

My code is like this

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application import Bookmark

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalyticItems import BookmarkManager

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application import BookmarkComponentFlags

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application import Page

Page1==Document.Properties['PageName']

if Page1="First Year"

Document.ActivePageReference=Document.Pages[1]

Thanks

Natasha

Hello Natasha,

As you would know, action trigger on clicking is only possible in Graphical Table. If you want to achieve the same in cross table, you will need to set marking on your cross table. When the marking changes, you will need to trigger a data function which will set a value for any document property. This document property value change can then trigger your iron python script of navigating to other page.

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-45663

Regards,

Khushboo

If document property value does not change, then it will not trigger Iron Python script, i.e. if your doc property value is "First Year" and you mark any other cell with same value i.e. First Year, your doc property value will not change and hence iron python script will not be triggered

You can make use of two document properties. In one document property, you can set the marked value and in other document property set it to current datetime as that will always change. So trigger iron python script on the change of datetime doc property.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...