Example Extension won't work in Analyst

Paul Neumann 2

Hi,

I'm trying to get into programming extensions for Spotfire, however, even the most basic examples from the SDK example list don't seem to work.

I followed the instructions on the tibco.community sites and decided to start with a BasicCustomPanel extension as it is found in the SDK.

From the VisualStudio side everything worked fine and even in the Analyst I can verify that my CustomPanel.dll is registered. The problem is that the expected panel is nowhere to be found.

How can I find it or what do I have to do to make it work.

Best Regards

Paul Neumann

I'm afraid there is no Basic Panel to be found under View. I'd like to add that I have realized that there is a mismatch in terms of version number, when I try to deploy the spk-file via the Spotfire-Server tool. When I deploy the CustomPanel via VisualStudio the server is not involved, is the version number an issue anyway

Cheers.

When trying to deploy and debug using visual studio, i think you will have to add the project to the package builder and validate the configuration. After this you should be able to debug from visual studio with out any issues.

If you have already deployed it on the server, then there should not be any issues in general. If you just launch spotfire analyst(not from visual studio) are you able to see the custom panel