Control two different graphs with one hierarchy slider (where it's the same timestamp hierarchy)

Bren Croll

Is there a way to do this Combining the charts is not an option, they have to be seperate.

I would like to be able to line these two graphs up, and have 1 slider control both graphs. I tried it as a document property but couldn't get it to work. Anyone achieved this before

Thanks Shashank, but this is different to a timestamp hierarchy slider, because for that you can't just set the property value by "unique values in a column" as has been done in your DXP.

The reason being is that there will be thousands of timestamps for each node of the hierarchy, for example if you have the left mostpart of the slider as "hour- event start timestamp" and then next node as "minute-event start timestamp"

I have managed to achieve the desired result by setting the property by expression and referencing the different timestamp columns.

However to make it work correctly I had to mess with the date formatting for each separate part of the makeshift hierarchy node e.g setting the formatting like this dth h:mmtt to make it useable for both graphs.

also, a version of the following formula can be used togroup timestamps into "buckets" (e.g. 5 minute buckets in this example)

DateTime(

DatePart("year",[Event Start Timestamp]),

DatePart("month",[Event Start Timestamp]),

DatePart("day",[Event Start Timestamp]),

DatePart("hour",[Event Start Timestamp]),

Integer(DatePart("minute",[Event Start Timestamp]) - Mod(DatePart("minute",[Event Start Timestamp]),5)),

0,0)

Hope it helps someone