Unable to connect Spotfire Webplayer to database

Tauseef Sheik

Hi,

I'm new with Spotfire and I'm trying to publish my spotfire dashboards. When I use excel and create the dashboards I'm able to view them but when on the webplayer but if I connect spotfire to a database and create dashboards and then try to view it on webplayerI get a message asking me to enter username and password for the data source.I'm using Sql-Server Management studio 2017. Even though I'm putting the same username password which I uses to create database I'm unable to move forward.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please find attached the image. It asks me to enter login details of the database. I've entered the details.but it doesn't accept.

Hello Hussain,

The credential prompt that you are seeing is because the file you are trying to access is using a "db2" data source in it, meaning it is fetching data from db2 data source. You can check what that db2 data source is byopening the analysis file in the Spotfire Analyst Client==>Edit==>Data Table Properties. Select the db2 data table and click the Source information tab from down.

But since you said you are using the same credentials that work in spotfire analyst, it mostly points towards the data source not being accessible through the service account running the Spotfire server which usually comes into pictureif you are using kerberos orintegrated authentication on the data source. Please check what authentication method you used for authenticating against the db2 data source.

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for your answer. I tried with the windows authentication method as well as sql server authentication method but both times I'm stuck with the same issue. I have an excel file which contains all of the data. I imported the data into sql-server tried both windows and sql-server authentication.

Then I connected the sql-server to spotfire and using the same authentication method and created my dashboards. When I want to view these dashboards in spotfire web player it asks me for username password. I'm entering the same which I used to connect db to spotfire.

I'm not quite sure what credentials I should provide to access it.