color a column

Mark Mneimneh

Hi

I am looking for a way to color a cell in a table. I see plently of sample scripts to color rows based on conditions, In this case, I need to be able color a single cell where the designated column and row intersect, or apply a color to the entire column. Being able to color a cell is one way to iterate ove all rows and apply the color to the column.

Please let me know if you have a tip or example I can use.

Thanks

Hi Ray

Thanks a lot. My case is a bit different, but your feedback gave me the hint I needed. What you have listed as Rows (a,b,c ... ) are in my case Columns (fields). The trick was, as per your suggestion, to create a calculated field and utilizing the property text box and apply a rule for each column. So now, I have columns colors that goes on/off as I traverse the property list box.

works like a charm

Thanks a lot.

• 2 years later...

Good morning Jscriptor,

You can color a cell or multiple cells by using the Table Properties: Colors dialogue to create a 'Rule'. I've attached a small example of how you can implement a rule based on a condition:

Condition: If the selected item in the listbox matches the 'Headers' column, I want the matching cell in the table to be red.

I inserted a calculated column named 'Selected' which displays a concatentated string of each selected item in the list box.

I inserted a calculated column named 'Find Selected' which searches for the 'Header' in the concatenated string

I added a rule to the 'Headers' column using the Table Properties: Colors dialogue

Please refer the attached screenshot: [colorbyCondtion.gif]

Please refer the attached screenshot: [colorbyCondtion2gif.gif]

The calculated columns are just 'helpers' -- you could further simplify the custom expression in the following manner:

Please refer the attached screenshot: [colorbyCondtion3gif.gif]

Hope this helps,

Ray

• 3 years later...