Get Marked Row Value in Graphical Table (IronPython)

Manoj Chaurasia

I have a graphical table with city names for the row values, and several different calculated columns showing different icons ("Average Price" for example). When the user marks a row (or city), I want to be able to retrieve that city name via IronPython. Ultimately I will assign an action to the icon for each column - so if the user clicks on the icon for "Average Price" in the "Cleveland" row, they will be redirected to the Average Price tab where they will be shown a visualization for average prices for all cities. I will then apply a filter to that visualization so that it only shows the average price for the city in the row they selected ("Cleveland").

I know how to redirect to a new tab, and I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to apply a filter but I need to be able to first retrieve that value based on the marked row (which is where I need the help). Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Hello,

I have a 2 buttons which convert Bar chart to Cross Table & Vice-versa. All things are working fine.

But when i am setting Labels & converting into First Cross table & then again back to Bar Chart,all the

legends are lost up.Can you please tell me what line of code i have to add in Iron Python script.

Regards

Manoj

• 2 years later...
# capture markingrowIndexSet=Document.ActiveMarkingSelectionReference.GetSelection(Document.Data.Tables["Insert Table Name Here"]).AsIndexSet()if rowIndexSet.IsEmpty !='false': prop = Document.Data.Tables["Insert Table Name Here"].Columns["Insert Column Name Here"].RowValues.GetFormattedValue(rowIndexSet.First)I've used this in the past to capture the value of a marking from a column, and assigned it to prop.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...