How to create Dynamic check and unchecked filters

gurusai sankar

Hi All,

I have the data like

RESOURCE_POOL_ENABLED_FLAG " and"RESOURCE_POOL_GTC_FLAG " columns. Both columns contains ' Y ' & 'N" values.

whenRESOURCE_POOL_ENABLED_FLAG is 'Y' then we should consider as a "Active Pools" else we should consider as "Inactive Pools"

whenRESOURCE_POOL_GTC_FLAG is 'Y' then we should consider as 'GTC pools"

I have tried to create a filter called " Category "which includes Active pools & GTC pools filter,check box filter as per my requirement. but it could not work as expected . actaully this filter should satisfy all the conditions in the below. Please find attched dxp and kindly help on this.

conditions:

If active pool is not selected.. then should show all resource pools

If GTC is not selected .. should show all resource pools

The two filters should work together.. means is active is selected and GTC is selected.. show GTC, active pools

If Active is not selected and GTC not selected .. show all pools active and inactive.

Note: The resource pool filter in the below should show the list of pools available based on the category filter. (ACTIVE POOLS & GTC POOLS)

Kindly help on this .

Regards,

Guru.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for your quick responce. 

let me make it clear :

Actaully we have a column called " RESOURCE_POOL_NAME "  ( i have applied a fliter called RESOURCE POOL in the text Area). Out of all resource pools - we notified that there are some inactive pools and active pools and GTC pools (which is realated to the GTC name ) . and Now my client wants to make a group and apply acheck box filter like  ACTIVE POOLS & GTC POOLS. 

for that ;

when  RESOURCE_POOL_ENABLED_FLAG  column  is 'Y' then we should consider as a "Active Pools" else we should consider as  "Inactive Pools" 

when RESOURCE_POOL_GTC_FLAG column is 'Y' then we should consider as 'GTC pools" 

I have to create a check box filter (Category ) which includes Active pools & GTC pools filter. this filter should satisfy all the condition in the below.  

conditions:

If active pool is not selected.. then should show all pools

If GTC is not selected .. should show all pools 

The two filters should work together.. means is active is selected and GTC is selected.. show GTC, active pools

If Active is not selected and GTC not selected .. show all pools active and inactive.

i have craeted a filter called category and tried for the same. but it couldn't work. 

Note: based on the category filter- it should show that specific pools in the resource pool filter aswell as in the chart and cross table. 

ex; If user will check active pools - then active pools should show in the resource pool filter and aswell as in the chart and cross table like that,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hope it helps. 

kindly let me know if any additional information is required. 

Kindly help on this. 

your conditions combinations means that you don't need any filter:

active pool is not selected----------->Show all

GTC is not selected------------------->should show all resource pools

Active is selected and GTC is selected.. show GTC, active pools (Which means also SHOW ALL)

Correct me if I am wrong

Hi Amalattar,

Thanks for your responce and help here!

Actaully the scenario is: 

active pool is not selected- (which means when unchecked acrive pool check box filter) ---------->Show all

GTC is not selected-- (which means when unchecked GTC pool check box filter)----------------->should show all resource pools

Active is selected and GTC is selected.. show GTC, active pools (Which means also SHOW ALL)

If Active is not selected and GTC not selected ..---------(Which means unchecked both check boxes) -------- show all pools active and inactive. 

Please find dxp file and created a filter called "Category" (which include Active pools & GTC pools ), but could not work as expected. whenever unchecked those filter- it is showing empty. 

Hope it helps, kindly let me know if any additional information is required. 

kindly help on this

Change of direction.  Create two document parameters that can take two values (e.g. Y, N) to represent the active and GTC pools.

Create two property controls, one for each, as drop downs.

Now create a calculated column using a CASE statement with multiple conditions, to result in a value of one if the row is to be displayed or 0 if not.

Add a filter to the page or a check in the 'limit data using expression' visualisation config to limit data to values of 1.