Limiting Data Using Expression - Date() funtion help

Joe Nasser

Hi, I am fairly new to Spotfire and need help with Limiting Data Using Expression. I inserted a Property Control as a Drop-down list into a text area in my dashboard. The drop-down list is looking at a column that has dates for different months in format MM/DD/YYYY.

I would like to have my visual change based on the month chosen in the drop-down list. The function I am trying to use is Date() to call the Year, Month and Day of the column that matches my property control. Please see my picture attached. I get an error that says "Invalid type for function call '=' on line 1, character 45." I have not been able to figure out how to solve this. What am I doing wrong Any help would be appreciated.

I am not set on filtering using that function but that is what I came up with. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Joe

You do not need property control to archived your goal. Another way of doing it is adding the date column to your text area using the insert filter control. Then go to your filtering scheme properties change the date column to list box filter and number of rows in filter to 1 or 2, click ok.