Joining worksheets from an excel file

Gonzalo Diaz

Hello

I am trying to figuring out how to pull 3 worksheets from an excel file (an excel spreadsheet with 3 tab sheets inside) : PropertyOrderProduct, OrderDetails and Productos. I know how to do this in Tableau and I am trying to do the same in Spotfire.

In Spotfire I had to open initially the excel file and get by default the first sheet only and after that, I needed to use the add table option to load the same file again just to chose the second sheet and doing the same to get the third sheet. I am guessing that probably it is not the best process doing this. (Rookie in Spotfire)

Once I have generated and checked the tables in Spotfire (No empty rows) I managed the relations according to the columns matching in the tables. Now, when I try to create a bar graph based on the Quantity values from the [OrderDetails] vs the Propertycity from [PropertyOrderProduct] it doesn't work. I can't reflex the quantities in the bars in relation to the cities. I get the name of cities but all the bars get the same value. I have attached a sample of the excel file

Thanks in advance for any support

Gondi

The problem is that you can set up a Relation between PropertyInfo and OrderDetails using the [PropertyID] column, but Spotfire cannot extend that to the [PropertyCity] in the bar chart's X-axis. The easiest way to handle this will be to Insert Columns from PropertyInfo into OrderDetails, then you can get the bar chart you have described.

If you were to change the X-axis to PropertyId you would see the correct totals for each bar.