How do I utilize a regression equation in a calculation

Christian Steinfort

I have a scatter plot visualization on a filtered set of data with a polynomial regression line and equation. The data consists of a set of entries, and a yield value for each of those entries at several differenct locations. I'd like to be able to have a table in spotfire that uses that regression equation to calculate a value at a certain x value. Is there a way to do this And, is there way to create a table or calculated column that would calculate the value for each individual entry that I could export

Hi

if I understand correctly, you are creating the regression directly on the plot. Is this a one-off, i.e. you just need that particular set of regression parameters In that case you can read the regression parameters from the plot (you can visualize them by going into Lines and Curves > Label and Tooltip and then chooseDisplay the following values: Curve expression with values.

The curve expression will appear on your plot: e.g. y=2*x + 3*x^2

You can use this expression to add a calculated column, using the column in your X axis as x, and placing the result (y) into your calculated column. If you want to calculate the regression curve for new x values in a different table, you can similarly compute the calculated column on that table.

If your question is more complex, and your mention of filtered data makes me suspect it is, please can you give more details and upload a sample dxp.

Gaia