Refresh Table with a button in Spotfire Web Player

Stefano Bottelli

Hi, I create a button (with a simple refresh script: "from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import DataTable DataTable = Document.Data.Tables["table1"] DataTable.Refresh()) " for refresh an embedded single table in Spotfire Web Player. When any user clicks on this button an error message occurs: "Could not perform action 'Click Here to Reload updated data'. Exception of type 'Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.ProgressCanceledException' was thrown". I premise that my user have credentials to create scripts and also is included in the "Script Author" group. In addition this script on Spotfire client works. How can I resolve this issue Thanks in advance Stefano

Hi Shandilya, first of all thanks for the reply. My data source is a custom query that takes tables for SQL Server. After the import process my imported table is embedded. The complete error is what i write in the first message: "Could not perform action 'refresh'. Exception of type 'Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.ProgressCanceledException' was thrown." I don't have any other information about the error because i can't access to the server folders or logs. I hope that you can help me.

I think looking into the WebPlayer log Spotfire.Dxp.Host.Debug.xx-xxx.xxx.log on the NodeManager machine would be helpful to understand the complete issue here.

Just few thoughts, is the SQL Server ODBC driver installed on the Node Manager machine Even though your table is embedded when trying to refresh it tries to reach to the data source for the latest data in this case Sql Server and for it to work it needs the SQL Server odbc driver to be installed on the NM machine.

If you are not sure, then a quick test would be to create a sample analysis with same datasource as the existing analysis , keep it linked to source. and now try to open this analysis in WebPlayer and verify if it is able to load the data, this might give more insights. 

Thanks for the response. 

If I load directly the table of interest as embedded or linked to source, I can see the dashboard on web player without problems.

While, if I use a custom query to create a table and then import as linked to source, web player doesn't load the dashboard. On the other and if I load as embedded it works. This is another problem togheter with the error thrown to the refresh script.

I would like to reach the scenario with custom query import --> table embedded --> script for refresh on web player

Do you have some advice/tips for this issue

P.s: In the next days, I will search the log on the NM machine and I'll try to attach here.

Thanks a lot

Based on what you said, it think the issue could be here that the CustomQuery is not trusted and thus fails when you open it on WebPlayer. Can you check this article below and then add yourself to the CustomQueryAuthor group - run the analysis in the analyst client - then resave the analysis - run your tests.

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-44214

If this does not resolve the issue, as I said the webplayer log would be really helpful to understand the issue