How can I permanently delete rows from data tables

Alex Renaud

Marking and deleting rows from a table will delete them from RAM and the project for the current session. But when the project is saved and reopened, the rows that were deleted come back.

How do I permanently delete records/rows from data tables in Spotfire

(I sincerely trust that there is a way to to this that doesn't involve any crazy scripting, etc.)

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm facing the same issue as well. Does anyone have a solution for this My data table is linked but stored instead of always new data, but somehow when I delete rows from my table and save it, the deleted rows will reappear when I open the file

You may want to check the "Filter rows" transformation.

Read the section called "Remove rows inline in filters or with the new data transformation" under Data Wrangling in the 10.1 what's new:

https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/whats-new-tibco-spotfirer-101

"The transformation will be applied and your rows will be removed also when you reload data or when the analysis file is opened the next time."

The data will actually still be there, but filtered out. So it is not "permanently" removed (as you can delete the Filter rows transformation and get the data back). Perhaps that works in your case.