Checking if values exists in other tables

thomas koelen

Hello,

I have two different tables from two infolinks. I'm trying to cross check if values from a matching column exist in eachother. I made a new column in one table that's just yes for every row, matching the column and the other table automatically get's a "Yes" in every row where there is a match, this works fine for one table, but when I try to do it for the other one I got the circular dependency error; already expected this to be too good to be true. Tried some Googling but couldn't find the question in a way that made sense to my situation (I think). Is there a nicer/more efficient way of doing this that doesn't rely on matching both columns

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

You can pull in the third data table which will be using information link 1 and having relevant columns. From here you can insert the relevant column values in data table 2 and will be able to match.

Circular dependency occurs because you are doing A -> B join and then again B -> A join. To break this dependency you can create alias table C which will be duplicate of B table. A -> B and then C-> A

Other way would be setting up such reconciliation in information link query itself.

• 5 months later...