Data Table Settings - Store data settings reset to embedded on server

Anil Nair 3

Store data settings were set to On-demand on analyst. When I publish it to the server and

reopen in analyst, I see that all of them have been reset to "Embedded". I have a local copy

which when reopened has the "On-demand" settings intact. The dashboard was supposed

to be refreshed every day. I do not see data refreshed. 

I do not have admin privileges on server. Am I missing any privileges on the server?

Appreciate any help,

Anil

Hi Anil Nair 3

The settings data are not supposed to be changed when you save the analysis on the server. However, when/or an automatic task opens and saves it, these settings could be overridden. Did you plan an Automation Service job to "refresh" those data tables and save them in the library ? 
Moreover, when you use on-demand data tables, how do you plan to "refresh" them every day? Based on your answers we might be able to identify the issue.

Thanks.

There is one parent table that will be refreshed every day. Keys from it (and some child tables) are used to load data on-demand in child tables (as and when accessed). Automation Service job doesn't seem to cause the issue, as immediately after saving to the library, if you reload the dashboard into analyst, will notice that the datatable store settings have been changed. 

As far as how they do it on the server, the only guidance I have is that if the data tables are Linked then it should work fine. Since admins always take the copy saved on the server (with embedded data) they are not able to help. As said earlier locally saved copies retain Linked sources.