How do I connect to Synapse using Service Principal via Spotfire?

MESFedEx10222024

How do I connect to Synapse using Service Principal via Spotfire?

Tibco Support recommended that I post the question here to see if there is custom connector that I can use to achieve this.  I am trying to use Spotfire Analyst to connect to Synapse using Service Principal.  This is a requirement for us since we use the Service Principal to connect and update the tables in Synapse using ADF. Is there any work-around that you can provide?  I appreciate your help.

Hi,

We do have a custom connector for Azure, which also covers Synapse. You can find it here:

When you have added the custom connector package (it's a .sdn file) in the Deployments & Packages section of the Admin console, the connector should be installed into your Analyst client when restarting it.

If you add data and search for Azure, you will see all out of the box Azure connectors (including one for Synapse (in the red box) that works also with OAuth2) as well as the Azure SQL (Custom) connector (in the back box):

image.thumb.png.beb0588aa7cc7051c2d1b756fa80fe86.png

When you select the Azure SQL (Custom) connector, you are required to connect to Microsoft with a Personal Access token:
image.thumb.png.8421d7ded49de689984aae3a0c14c8c0.png

I'm not sure if that would be compatible with a service principal, but you can try it out.

Kind regards,

David