Automatic Javascript script updating?

barchiel33

I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to automatically update a Javascript script across multiple reports from a single source? So, for example, if the "current" version of a shared Javascript script was stored as a .js or .txt file on Sharepoint, is there a way to pull that file into a report and replace the existing instance of the script the file contains? I can see how to do the "replace existing instance" part, but I'm stumped on the file pull part. I think I could figure out how to do it using a mapped network drive, but that's not a viable solution since the script is meant to function on multiple different users accounts.

Hello @Olivier Keugue Tadaa!

1. I do know how to achieve this with a txt file (haven't tried with a js file) from a local folder, since that doesn't require authorization. However, I'm not sure if the way I'm doing it is super efficient, so I would be open to suggestions on ways to do that as well. Yes, I'm trying to accomplish it via Sharepoint.

2. I was using Ironpython but I haven't used the Application Profiler (as far as I'm aware, that tool isn't enabled by the company I work for, but I could be wrong. I don't have administrator authority.)