Pivoting Data Table Based on Visualization Marking

Dylan Daniels

do you mean take the marked data and create a new separate pivoted data table? Where would the custom curve be generated from?
I guess this is possible with an Iron Python script, but pivoting requires a few details, and I would like to understand the goal.

I have a set of wells that have daily production data that is normalized. I am wanting to generate an average trendline curve from the data. So the idea is to pivot the data and take an average of the points that are marked in a graph. If this is possible. 

image.thumb.png.526a7c16e4762dd9ac1d0291d97360c6.png

Hi Dylan, I believe you can limit the data by marking on the two side graphs, and calculate the averages (and other measures/KPIs) without pivoting. unless in your case you need to pivot the data. 

To add a child visualization limited by marking from a parent one, right-click on the first visual and choose "'Created detailed visualization". this can also be done by manually creating the marking and choosing the ones that will limit data from your visual (in the data section of your visualization properties). as long as that marking is associated with a main graph from where the user will mark some data. 

The above advice is only true if you can achieve your calculations without pivoting your data, which I believe should be possible.

• Like 1

The way that this dashboard works it that you select the data on the left and it generates the curves on the right. I want to be able to create a new data table based on the data that is marked on the left visualization. This way I can create a curve from a datatable to overlay on the left visualization. This combines the two visualizations together in theory.