Did Spotfire 14.0 LTS and TDV 8.8 use JAVA?

Mark123
Go to solution Solved by Olivier Keugue Tadaa,

Hello,every one

Due to Oracle's strict scrutiny of Java licenses, it is now necessary to check server related information.
    When installing Spotfire and TDV, the system requirements did not mention JAVA.
    I want to confirm if Spotfire 14.0LTS and TDV 8.8 are using JAVA?

• Solution

Hi Mark,

The Spotfire installation packages now include the Eclipse Temurin OpenJDK instead of the Oracle Java Development Kit used in previous versions.

Note: Eclipse Temurin is the name of the OpenJDK distribution from Adoptium. The Eclipse Adoptium Working Group is the successor of AdoptOpenJDK. The primary goal of Adoptium is to promote and support free and open-source high-quality runtimes and associated technology for use across the Java ecosystem.

Please have a look at the full article here 

Regarding TDV Studio and Server 8.8,

They are  also shipped with the java version "17.0.7" 2023-04-18 LTS  (not sure which distribution)

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Yes, I saw that Spotfire has been using OpenJDK since version 14.

Thank you for your answer, it has been very helpful to me
It seems that the JDK release version for TDV can only be found in the relevant documentation.

Have a nice weekend.

I've confirmed that TDV 8.8 is using JDK 17.0.7.And there is another system using Spotfire 12.5, with Oracle JDK 17.0.7.

May I ask if the Oracle update policy in September this year will affect the normal use of TDV8.8 and Spotfire 12.5? Will there be any charges for the old version of JDK 17.0.7?