How to separate a specific metric in waterfall chart?

Samit

I have this waterfall chart as below where various metrics are shown starting from Visibility. RFF is a target value here and should be shown separately and not add up to rest of metrics. How can we achieve that in the same chart? I am using below custom expression in the Value axis.

Expression

Sum([Visibility W1 USD]) as [Visibility USD], Sum([CP Risk W1]) as [CP Risk USD], Sum([Conf Level>80% W1]) as [Conf Level>80%], Sum([Conf Level60%-80% W1]) as [Conf Level60%-80%], Sum([Conf Level40%-50% W1]) as [Conf Level40%-50%], Sum([Conf Level<40% W1]) as [Conf Level<40%], Sum([RFF]) as [RFF]

image.thumb.png.5eb9692b244e2d8922517f51bda7194a.png

Hi Samit,

If you want to display the RFF separately, I would suggest to create a Trellised view.
To do so, you would need to take the RFF part out of your expression and calculate it in a separate expression. You then use both expressions in the Category axis and add the RFF expression as trellised panel.

See attached .dxp file for an example.

Kind regards,

David

Waterfall split.dxp

42 minutes ago, David Boot-Olazabal said:

Hi Samit,

If you want to display the RFF separately, I would suggest to create a Trellised view.
To do so, you would need to take the RFF part out of your expression and calculate it in a separate expression. You then use both expressions in the Category axis and add the RFF expression as trellised panel.

See attached .dxp file for an example.

Kind regards,

David

Waterfall split.dxp 704.12 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks David for your feedback and suggestion! However, the management requirement is to display RFF on the same plane with other metrics (derived as custom expression on the value axis and not category axis). The purpose is to compare Visibility, CP Risk, various confidence intervals with RFF visually at one glance. Thanks!

Hi Samit,

I see. Well, in that case, just shuffling around a bit, might do the trick (see attached v2 dxp file).
It basically uses the same 2 expressions, but no trellis. You have to make sure that you have color coding on one of the expression columns and then you can set the 'Show one waterfall' option in Appearance to 'Per categorical color':
image.thumb.png.0ec4ca3bdcf1ce2e138abc27fb93e4bc.png

Kind regards,

David

Waterfall split_v2.dxp

2 hours ago, David Boot-Olazabal said:

Hi Samit,

I see. Well, in that case, just shuffling around a bit, might do the trick (see attached v2 dxp file).
It basically uses the same 2 expressions, but no trellis. You have to make sure that you have color coding on one of the expression columns and then you can set the 'Show one waterfall' option in Appearance to 'Per categorical color':
image.thumb.png.0ec4ca3bdcf1ce2e138abc27fb93e4bc.png

Kind regards,

David

Waterfall split_v2.dxp 704.24 kB · 1 download

Thanks David, its is a good workaround. Although in my case since category axis is set to column names such that multiple metrics can be added in the value axis. So, when I set color to Categorical mode and appearance to per categorical color effect of waterfall to show metrics as step up and cumulative addition is not showing up.

image.thumb.png.d4501e88c1d21f8863407a3213570a83.png

image.png.ec493aec54dc1ce3be9e22ce7b5c3ab7.png

image.png.19309392e73f7031f69c485c4f145e1b.png

image.png.ef1f9f612adef9dffd0aeb24b84ee41e.png