The instance of Automation Services is offline.

Mark123
Go to solution Solved by David Boot-Olazabal,

Hello,every one

Something wrong happened when installing Automation Services.Specifically,the status of the Node is offline.

I found the following records in the log:

INFO ;2024-07-20T04:20:36,162+08:00;2024-07-19 20:20:36,162;******;(null);WorkerStartup 1;;;Spotfire.Dxp.Services.Http.NetHttpLogging+System.Net.HttpListener;""Error: [118604] Exception in HttpListener#47920438::AddPrefix - Access is denied.
   at System.Net.HttpListener.AddPrefix(String uriPrefix)""
DEBUG;2024-07-20T04:20:36,193+08:00;2024-07-19 20:20:36,193;******;(null);WorkerStartup 1;;;Spotfire.Dxp.Application.WebView.WebServer;""The following ports were not available: 8080""
System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Access is denied
   at System.Net.HttpListener.AddPrefix(String uriPrefix)
   at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.WebView.WebServer.CreateHttpListener(Int32 fromPort, Int32 toPort, Int32 numberOfPorts, HttpListener& httpListener)

Please see the attachment for more details.

I think this issue is related to port opening rules. But I don't know how to confirm and resolve it. 

error.txt

• Solution

Hi Mark,

It is hard to see what could be wrong here, other than that it seems that port 8080 can't be accessed.
But is that the port of the automation services? Or is that your Spotfire server port (which I think it is)?

It would be great if you could tell us more about your set up:
- Which Spotfire version are you on;
- What is your deployment (on premise, cloud based);
- How many Spotfire servers do you have and what are the used ports;
- Same for the nodes; how many nodes have been installed and what are the used ports;
- Do you have a service (web player most probably) that is working fine;
- Is automation services running on a separate node or on the same as the web player service and is this the only failing service?

Even though this is more of an support issue (and if we can't help you, I would advise to create a support ticket via https://support.tibco.com), it seems like it may have something to do with communication between the Spotfire server and Spotfire node manager. I'm guessing that your Spotfire server is on port 8080 and your automation services uses port 9501 (or 9502). Given the fact that the error message says that port 8080 can't be accessed, did you open up the ports on the node manager server and the Spotfire server?

If you're on a windows environment, can you check the Windows Firewall settings for inbound and outbound rules for Spotfire?
You should at least have defined these ports:

1.       Open ports on the Firewall on Servers & Node Managers (the below ones are the defaults, with exception of 8080 for Spotfire server as the default is 80):
a.       Server: inbound ports 443, 5701, 8080, 9080, 9443 (443 is for https, 5701 is for a clustered setup, 8080 is the front end port and 9080+9433 is for internal communication);
b.       NM: inbound 9080, 9443, 9501 (9080 + 9443 is for internal communication, 9501 are for the services like Web player and automation services. For services like R, TERR, Python you should use 9502, 9503, 9504);
c.      
NM outbound: 9080, 9433 (these ports are meant to communicate with the Spotfire server).

You can also find information of your set up, in the server.xml and nodemanager.properties file(s).

Kind regards,

David