How to change the service url in connector through programming?

Weilong Lyu
Go to solution Solved by Olivier Keugue Tadaa,

Hi,

I develop Spotfire template in Spotfire server A using a connector which is configured to connect Odata server A.

When I want to deploy my template to another Spotfire server B. I use config tool to export template folder (connector is placed in this folder) to a zip file and then import it to Spotfire server B.

The export and import process are handled by scripts.

Spotfire server B should connect to Odata server B. These two Odata servers have different url, username and password.

The username and password in the connector may be handled by credentials profiles so they may not be an issue.

But I need to change the url in the connector manually on Spotfire Server B.

I tried to decompress the exported package (decompress zip,gzip,zip again) and finally find the plain text of the service url. But it seems there's hash value of the content recorded so I can't modify the plan text.

Is there any solution to change the service url in connector through programming?

Thanks.

Edited by Weilong Lyu

• Solution

Hi Weilong Lyu,
The solution to your issue should come from the initial design and inception phase of your developments.
In your case and given the purpose of your development and the necessity to move objects from DEV to PROD for example, it is not a good practice to embed any resources subject to change (such as the connections) into the report. 
the first good practice is to separate into at least two layers: the data layer and the dashboard layer.

Then you will transport them to the new environment while keeping the dependencies (ensure you don't create new GUIDs). 
With this approach, you can independently change the data layer (that normally should be done only once).

Once the reports are migrated, you will have to validate the dependencies ... 

Let me know if you need more help

• Thanks 1