The original front-end port of Spotfire is now displaying an exception.

Mark123

Hello,every one

There's a confusing problem for your help.

The original front-end port of Spotfire is "8000" via HTTP.Not long ago, I replaced HTTP with HTTPS and disable unencrypted HTTP traffic at the same time.And now,the original front-end port of Spotfire is "443".

Today,the monitoring program shows that the original port 8000 is running, but there is an exception.

image.thumb.png.74f850363ce353a067abbcb3997f143e.png

After searching, it was found that the port "8000" is occupied by "Spotfire.Dxp.Cef.Subprocess"

image.thumb.png.70e31ac0f5ab5b587a9da8d8524c4925.png

image.thumb.png.466bb234d34c665040dd61e772b9a604.png

Now the Spotfire is running normally, I dare not k-i-l-l this process "Spotfire.Dxp.Cef.Subprocess".

I'd like to know why the port "8000" is still being used and the possible reason for the abnormal error message.Most importantly, how to solve this problem?

Yeah.I followed these steps to disable unencrypted HTTP traffic:

Locate the section containing the default HTTP connector: Add comment markers <!-- and --> around the HTTP connector configuration

image.thumb.png.9f98ec97194fa6d6f19adfea6f5e57f8.png

Thanks Mark. Are you running both the Spotfire server and the node manager on the same box ? If yes you should probably have a look at this KB articles and review your Node Manager setup accordingly

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/What-is-Spotfire-Dxp-Cef-Subprocess-exe-process

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Role-of-processes-Spotfire-Dxp-exe-Spotfire-Dxp-Cef-SubProcess-exe-and-Spotfire-tspla3ryidb-exe

I hope it helps

Yes,both the Spotfire server and the node manager on the same box.

I've red KB articles before.But they does not answer why the port "8000" is still occupied,the reason for displaying anomalies or how to solve this problem.

Specifically, what configuration of NM do I need to modify? The file nodemanager.properties?

Thank you for your patience.

You might probably need to check the ports used by the node manager on the  nodemanager.properties as well as the JSON file describing in detail all the services instances deployed and the local ports used;

something like this 👇

{
   "services" : [ {
           "capability" : "WEB_PLAYER",
           "deploymentArea" : "Production",
           "configuration" : "Web Player Configuration",
           "customPrefix" : "Prefix",
           "resourcePool" : "Pool A",
           "instances" : 2,
           "port" : 9501,
           "targetFramework": "NETCORE"
           }
    ],
    "strict" : "false"
}

On 7/5/2024 at 5:12 PM, Olivier Keugue Tadaa said:

You might probably need to check the ports used by the node manager on the  nodemanager.properties as well as the JSON file describing in detail all the services instances deployed and the local ports used;

something like this 👇

{
   "services" : [ {
           "capability" : "WEB_PLAYER",
           "deploymentArea" : "Production",
           "configuration" : "Web Player Configuration",
           "customPrefix" : "Prefix",
           "resourcePool" : "Pool A",
           "instances" : 2,
           "port" : 9501,
           "targetFramework": "NETCORE"
           }
    ],
    "strict" : "false"
}

Hive a nice weekend.

I checked the nodemanager.properties and the config.JSON.

No information related to the front-end port "8000" was found in either of these two files.Only information about the backend registration port and backend communication port is shown in the files.

image.thumb.png.efa055ad881294576a409d25e4a705ca.png 

Thx Mark. Indeed the nodemanager.properties shows those 2 ports. Can you check the config.json file?  If, as you said, the port 8000 is not specified there, then I'd suggest opening a support ticket. All local ports used are either in the nodemanager.properties (for external communication with Spotfire Server) or in config.json (for internal communication between the Node Manager and the services/instances (Web Player, Python, Automation Servies, TERR, R, etc)... 

Edited by Olivier Keugue Tadaa